Friday, June 20, 2008

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!!

Good morning! It is Friday! I love the weekends, eventhough I'm off from work and rarely do anything to acknowledge it is the weekend, I still love them :)

Yes, I've been MIA. I've been so good about blogging lately, but fel off the wagon this week. I finally finished my album I was working on (have to send it off by Monday)... I decided to just do nothing for a few days. Well, not nothing exactly. I painted yesterday. I'm almost ashamed to put a pict. up of what I painted. Oh, well, I might as well post it. I like parts about it, but it is not nearly as good as I would have liked it to be. It is flat, not enough shadows on the face. I LOVE Paulette Insall's work. Here is the link to her blog, you should go check it out...
http://pauletteinsall.typepad.com/my_weblog/
You will have to cut and paste, I haven't figured out how to get the link to go in right. If anyone knows how, please leave a comment and tell me how to do it.

Here is my little lady. It is my first one ever, so please don't laugh too hard :)


I don't know how to get the nose right. I was an art major in college before switching to Family Psychology (THAT IS ANOTHER STORY... ) but anyway, I NEVER could get the noses the way I wanted when I would paint and draw. Now, I know her eyes are off, but they are bit better than the nose. I need to do an online class with Miss. Paulette, I bet she could straighten out my nose (HA HA! I JUST CRACK MYSELF UP!! HA HA :D )

Here are some close ups of the details...





Mine may not be as good as some of the others, but it was fun painting. I have a lot to learn, but I can do it. I will keep painting until I get it right!!!! I would love to list stuff like this on ebay and etsy and see them sell. It is partly for the money, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't, but just to see someone buy something I DID... that is a thrill to me. To know someone picked my "something" out of all the other "somethings" out there, well, it would just thrill my little soul!

Well, I've rambled on enough for one morning. I have to go get groceries this morning. It seems like I just went yesterday, and it was last Friday! These weeks are just flyin' by! It will be time for me to go back to work very soon! I am LOVIN' being off!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Happy Scrappin'

No comments: