Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to school today and a new challenge...

Today was the first day of school for my 11th grader, 7th grader and 2nd grader.
Here are the two younger ones... Hunter is just thrilled to be here and Dakota Bob with his "cheesy" fake grin...:)


Dakota wasn't as ready for it as Hunter was, but he loves his teacher and I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'm not sure what kind of look he's giving me here!


This is what Mrs. Estes had for all of her students when they got there this morning (she is the little one's teacher)It was a brown bag with all these contents in it! How cute is that??


There is a new challege up over at Sisterhood of Scrap
This is my layout for this one... it is mom and daddy's house. He built it in '79 or '80, I believe. He is gone, but it is not. It is really a house that love built!!


I love all things byDonna Salazar I made this layout by scraplifting a few of her ideas from 2 layouts she's had up on her blog. I love the denim she uses and so I tried it and I LOVE it! She uses large dictionary flowers on her pages, I used the Marvy Uchida Giga Scalloped edge punch. It punches 3 inches across!! I also painted on this layout and ripped all the edges of the papers. The paper is some really old stuff from Chatterbox. The fourishes were 1 cut from my Cricut cartridge: Storybook. I cut it all apart and even used the "leftovers" as part of the page too! THANK YOU PROVO FOR OUR CRICUT ABILITIES!!
Some details...





Hope all you out in blogland have a wonderful day!!
Happy Scrappin'
Lisa

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love your blog!! You have two very handsome young men!! I added you to my blog as one of my favorites I hope that is okay?

Anonymous said...

I love your layout!!! I got a few school pictures of my little man but he would not let me take any of him in class and no kiss for mom!!! So do I need the 3 inch punch to make the flower???

Thanks Tracy in AR

orangedaisy said...

love the layout & the oldie world feel to it. kids & school awww takes me back :)

x

Kristin said...

Hi Lisa! Yours was one of the first blogs I visited when I joined SBS23 and I loved it from the start. It is so cheery, personable, and pretty! I love the work you have posted! I nominated you for an award on my blog so that I could share with my friends your great site! Yours SBS23 sister and your sister in Christ, Kristin